Research Publication is one of the core activities of Loyola College. This led to the initiation of the major organ, Loyola Journal of Social Sciences (ISSN 0971-4960), in 1987. As a bi-annual, peer-reviewed International Journal accredited by various agencies across the world, the Journal is indexed/abstracted in ‘All India Index to Periodical Literature in English (AIIPLE), CSA Sociological Abstracts, CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts and the International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS). We have already applied for indexing by the ISI (Institute for Scientific Information) that will enable us to assess the impact factor.
The Journal with a 25 year history of uninterrupted publication has consistently been receiving the Kerala University Award for Research Journals published by the research centers of the University. It has a readership consisting of academicians, social scientists, policy makers, social activists in reputed Universities and Research Institutes the world over.
The International Editorial Board consists of academicians from the U.S., Canada, South Africa and India. Similarly, the peer reviewers also are drawn from the international academic community.
Besides the Journal, other publications brought out include:
- Publications of joint studies by Sophia University, Japan and Loyola College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Working Paper Series – 4 issues
- Seminar Proceedings
- College Annual Magazines
- Special issues of College Magazine in lieu of retirement of staff
- Source book on Crisis Counselling
- Placement Directory
- Student Directory
- Directory of Consultants
- Souvenirs: E.g. ‘Flames’, ‘Kaikodunnapookkal’
- Handbook/Brochures on the College and LES
- College Newsletter
- Alumni Newsletter
- Book of Glossary on Management
- “Mukulangal”, “Navakiranangal”, “New Horizons” – three handbooks published through the Social Lab for the use of farmers and for trainers from Social Welfare Department.
The Publication wing of Loyola College has been a challenging activity for our academic community.